I won tickets to the Brisbane Wine and Food Festival for next weekend, thanks to Kerry. I very rarely if ever win anything so I was very pleasantly surprised to receive an email from Kerry to tell me that I had not only won tickets to the Festival but also tickets to the cupcake making class that is being held there.
I also got tickets, (I didn't win these), to Wicked, they are as scarce as hen's teeth now, so I am very pleased with myself.
Working on the quilting of the wonky owls quilt. It's slow going and hard work, I'm working up a sweat, man-handling it around right angle corners, but it is going well. No photos as yet.
Last night I went to a Halloween party, very spooky and an interesting crowd. Again no photos, I forgot to take my camera. How am I ever going to remember to take it anywhere!!!!! I like the idea of Halloween, it is only just starting to become more popular here, and this is the first time in about 5 years that I haven't held a Halloween party at my house. It was good to be able to go somewhere else and not have to worry about being the hostess, (and the tidying up afterwards).
I started a small HST quilt too this weekend, to practice, as I love the way there are so many patterns/ layouts you can make with them. So far so good. I have used two and a bit charm packs of Fandango and used all of the charms that had either greens, blues or yellow. I left out all the warm colours, -oranges, pinks, apricots. I've paired them with Bella solids Snow. The Bella Snow has quite a yellowish tinge which doesn't show in the photos, and I wanted to use it up as it doesn't go with much else in my stash.
A (small) pile ready to go
Another (small) pile ready to be cut to size.
was am planning to do a small quilt, as after all this is a test run to see if I can cope and I don't spit the dummy like I did with the infamous snowball blocks. I had planned on 81 blocks - 9 x 9. I placed them all on some flannel on my "design cabinet". Stood back, checked them all, rearranged a couple and then took them off row by row, keeping them in their rows by putting a numbered piece of paper from 1 to 9 on top of each pile, all looking good everything going ok, and............ I had one pile left over. What the? I counted again, although it was very obvious I did actually have 10 piles of blocks and I hadn't stuffed up my numbering. Apparently when I counted 81 blocks there were 91 blocks. I have absolutely no idea how I did it, but I did, and it wasn't the after affects of the Halloween party, thank you. At least I had more and not less, that would have been annoying. So now I am making a quilt with 90 blocks - 9 x 10.
This is the initial layout, it has pretty much stayed the same, just a couple of tweaks to fix some that were bothering me.
They are all ready to be sewn together, but my machine didn't want to play nicely this morning, so I had to put the blocks aside. I'm going to speak nicely to it later and hope that it will be feeling more helpful. Maybe if I name my sewing machine it might just be a little more inclined to play nice. Now I have to think of a name that goes with Pfaff, that will be easy, HA!
I'm off now to come up with a short list of names, and go back to crocheting until it behaves.
I hope everyone else had a good weekend.