Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Unexpected Visitor

Yesterday I decided it was high time I cleaned up some of the junk that had been accumulating on the verandah. Whilst moving some of the things around, I saw movement under the water tank that is sitting on the verandah. At first I thought it was a python...yes...unfortunately they are common around here. although not very large, and it has been quite a few years since the one and only one that made its home at our place. It didn't stay for long, and I haven't seen it since (huge sigh of relief).


After my heart skipping a beat I took a very cautious closer look and found this.
I am not sure how or why he/she ended up sitting in an empty plant pot under the water tank, but it sure gave me a fright and I am sure I gave it a fright too, when I started moving things around. This morning it was gone, hopefully to a much more appropriate home for a Ringtail possum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.