Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weekend breakfast

Sometimes I feel like something a little different for breakfast, and I don't want to go to too much effort, and involve too many skills and ingredients. This fits the bill perfectly.  This is flexible and you can add more or less as you like.

Bacon and Egg Tortilla 

Ingredients for 1

2 rashers of short cut bacon, diced
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tortilla
smidgin of butter.



I use 2 non stick fry pans. In a small fry pan cook bacon.  Heat a larger fry pan, I use one that just fits the tortilla, when hot add tortilla and heat. Warm both sides.




Remove tortilla, and place on plate.
Grease pan with butter and then add beaten egg. The aim is to make a basic omelette. If using only one egg, it is quite thin and delicate.  Cook egg. remove from pan and place on tortilla.
Add cooked bacon to tortilla and egg.



Roll up, and enjoy. 



Of course, you can always use 2 eggs, more bacon, make more than one.  

2 comments:

  1. I think cheese would be awesome on this...and more butter...and I could probably eat three.

    It looks yummy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does look yummy but too much work on the weekend...I just go for that scrummy Special K with the chocolate flakes....need all the sugar I can get on the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.