Monday, October 18, 2010

An abundance of colour

Three rows completed, four more to go.

I absolutely love this, the photo doesn't do the fabric justice. It is so pretty and the colours are exceptional.   It was a fabric line that I purchased by default as I couldn't get any Rouenneries, and wow what a lovely accident. I can't wait to have this one quilted, washed and all soft and rumply.  


I've put aside bitchypoo's quilt as I inadvertently laid it out incorrectly, I realised that after I had sewn about 10 blocks together, grrrrrr.  It actually looked fine the way it was, but it's going to annoy me leaving it that way, so for now it's been unpicked and sitting looking sorry for itself.  So in the not too distant future I will try again, lay it out the way it is supposed to be, if it's better I will do it that way, if not, I should have left it as it was, and saved myself an hour or two of unpicking!


The exchange rate from Aus to U.S. dollars is so good right now, I have been, shall we say, a little over exuberant with my online fabric purchases.
Innocent Crush, yummmmmmm



Poppy by Laura Gunn
The Poppy fabric I saw online, I love the colours and the interesting prints. It was showcased in a beautiful quilt. I love to take inspiration from what I see but I don't like copying exactly. I use the pattern but change the fabric, or possibly use the same fabric but rearrange it differently. I saw that quilt and thought yay, I love it, want to make it, but now I have the fabric I don't want to copy it so I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on to think up a fabulous alternative.


I wasn't overly keen on Fandango when it first came out, but it has been growing on me.  Playing around with the warm palette and some Kona and Bella solids, for a new quilt. This will now be added on to the world's longest List of Quilts to Make.

These are only the beginning of the fabric invasion at Chez Sunshine. More to show after they have arrived on their long trip from the States. 

I have thought about doing a weekly post on fabric in and fabric out, but it's too scary as it will always be a bazillion in, and if I'm lucky 4 out, but more than likely none out. So instead I will just show you pretty photos of my purchases (that I admit to) and ignore the fact that my fabric stash is growing very very quickly.

4 comments:

  1. These fabrics are really lovey and I like the way the quilt is coming out. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. All of it, but particularly, I love the quilt-in-progress at the top.

    xo -El

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is so yummy!

    As for fabrics, I'm a fabricaholic and an enabler, so I say: Way to go! Those are some lovely fabric palettes.

    It's good of you to share your fabrics as I'm feeling a bit deprived at the moment. I'll live vicariously. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. It's fabulous!

    And it's great to see I'm not the only one going fabric crazy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.