Thursday, October 14, 2010

Progress.................. finally


I have had a week of absolute nothing, well, nothing crafty.  I stared at a computer screen for hours on end, tried to get some inspiration, looked at and maybe purchased fabric online as the exchange rate is so good, read blogs to see what everyone else was doing while I was doing nothing.
Then today, all of a sudden the funk lifted and I had a great day, both on the home front, cleaning, washing, ironing and sorting though clothes and taking the excess to the Salvation Army, and more importantly, working on the layout of two quilts.  The first one using Rural Jardin and the scruffily quilt tutorial  from Moda Bakehouse. Roughly and quickly laid out on the floor before the possibility probability of being re-arranged by cats, dogs or teenage daughters.






The second one, bitchypoo's quilt, I had to take the blocks over to my parents house as I don't have a "design floor" large enough to lay it out. Sorry no photos of this as I forgot to take my camera.  Both quilts are  ready to go now, and I've sewn the first row of bitchypoo's this evening. A couple of close ups.




I started pulling fabric for another project and this is a very tiny sneak peek.


I need to use up some Kona Solids fat quarters, as I accidentally ordered (and paid for 2) bundles of the same colour way. Hmmmmmmm

4 comments:

  1. Glad you've got your mojo back. Is that first one going to be where the squares are sewn on top of each other and allowed to fray? Will be very interested to see how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see Bitchypoos in its entirety. Loving the scruffily quilt and might have to copy it for one next year. It looks great in the Rural Jardin.

    All this activity ...are you sure you're feeling OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got out of your funk BIG TIME! What a couple of awesome quilts. Can't wait to see their progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I like the look of Bitchypoo's quilt....can't wait to see it finished! Lucky you are feeling crafty again :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.