I'm joining the FAL again, held this year by the lovely and very talented Leanne at She Can Quilt. I should last longer than the first quarter this year. As I'm not intending to move, and I've already de-cluttered, there shouldn't be too many reasons for me not to hit my stride this year with some finishes. Don't worry I'm not delusional, and I'm not going to go crazy, I'm only going to take baby steps. You won't see lots of finishes here, but I'm inspired (today) to try and complete more than last year. That won't be too hard, lol.
1. First on my list is to get this applique finished. I'm still not sure whether to make it into a cushion or a wall hanging. The wall hanging is edging ahead as I need some art work on the walls here. I made this in a weekend back in May 2011 and haven't touched it since.
This languished in the cupboard because I wasn't quite sure how I was going to quilt it. I'm still not sure but I really want to finish this so
- it will be done, one way or another.
2. Next on the list. Even though Christmas is approx 350 days away I really want to finish McFlurry. I started this one in July 2011. I didn't take very long to make the top and I have all the fabric to make the backing. I stalled on the backing as I wanted to make something amazing. I've decided that it's just not worth worrying about making the backing amazing if it means I never get the darn quilt finished so I'm going to whack some fabric together and make a backing and get this baby finished in time for Christmas 2013. Fingers crossed.
3. A new project. I always have a new project, no matter how may WIP's I have. Another wall hanging using one of these.
The pieces are all cut out and I'm in the process of sewing them together. More details in a future post.
4. The Hopscotch quilt, which needs a new name. The top and the backing are both made, all I need to do now is baste it and then start quilting. I know how I want to quilt this, straight line, so it's just down to getting over my aversion to basting.
A very modest list but a list that I think is achievable over the next three months.
So take a look over at Leanne's blog and join in the Finish-A-Long and you could be in the running for some great prizes too.