Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day 2010

Today, the 26th January, is Australia Day.  Deep in the heart of summer, it is almost always very hot and an excuse to go to the beach and/or light up the BBQ (Barbie). There are a couple of Australian songs that I always love to listen to, especially when I am overseas, they always give me goosebumps, as they are just so quintessentially Australian. What better songs to play on Australia Day 2010

The first one is by Peter Allen, I Still Call Australia Home, and is now used by Qantas in their adds, it would have to rate as THE best Australian song ever.  You will find it HERE

The second one I love is The Sounds of Then, by GANGgajang. The lyrics evoke the sounds, sight, smells of summer in northern Australia.   It is an 80s song and if you click on the link,  you will have to watch the 80s video clip but, and it has some powerful Australian images imbedded in it and, wow the song is a wonderful reminder of hot Aussie summers,  especially good if you need an Aussie fix when overseas. You will find it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.