Friday, February 1, 2013

Favourite Things Friday

It's been quite a long time since I last joined in on FTF, and I'm determined to be a better friend and blogger this year.  My favourite thing this week is a new toy.
It's called a Seam-fix and it's the next best thing to a seam ripper, in fact I might even go so far as to say it's better than a seam ripper.  It fixes all the mess that the seam ripper makes.  No more little pieces of thread that you have to pick out of your project one by one when you have had to unpick a seam. Now I just run this little baby across the seam where the threads are lying and it pulls them out of the seam and into neat little piles that are a lot easier to pick up. It even comes with it's own seam ripper/unpicker. Best toy ever, until the next one, lol.

Now all we have to wait for, is my time management skills to improve. At the current time I think a kindergarten child or even Bailey the slothful cat, could manage time better than me. Hopefully in the not too distant future, I'll finally get down and jiggy with my sewing machine, and odds are, I'll need this baby within the first couple of hours of sewing.

Mosey on over to Mrs P at Quilting In My Pyjamas and see what she has scored.  I wonder if Shay will notice it missing after I've visited her. Note to self, take a mahoosive suitcase.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, is that the same seam ripper toy Katy was telling us about a while ago? I'll put it on my list of things to get because I am a proficient and frequent seam remover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Sorry Katy, I couldn't remember where i had seen it before.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a wise investment. Are they available outside of Australia? I don't think I've seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute and useful, I am keeping an eye out for one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must get me one of these puppies too as I'm often "reverse sewing".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want one. It looks just like the gadget I need, there is a lot of unsewing happening in this neck of the woods. Where is the nearest place I can get one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one, got it on my travels. the shop only had one left and I did't see it again in any other shop. But it is great. I have mad a start on the scrappy trip along and have been using it with this quilt. Does what it says it does.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't have to use this once while I was at your place but as soon as I got home I was un-sewing seams like a crazy lady as usual. Should have "accidentally" popped this thing into my bag as I was leaving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat little gadget... I think I need one! Hope you enjoyed your visit from the "crazy lady" ^^^ Im sure you guys would have had lots of fun...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back to work now that Cyclone Shay has left us? We all felt her prescence!
    Glad you are safe and sound up there.
    That gadget looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really cute. I usually don't worry about the little pieces .. guess I figured the washer/dryer takes care of these. Another thing I didn't know I was supposed to do ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great is that. I hate all those bits of thread.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want one!! or 5 , seam rippers run and hide from me when I need them. Did you buy it in Australia?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.