Sunday, February 3, 2013

February challenge

I'm determined to finish some WIP's this year and to make time to sew.  I'm joining in for the first time ever, A lovely Year of Finishes at Bittersweet and Fiber of all Sorts and Just Three at Traceyjay Quilts.
I'm crossing fingers and toes that it will give me an incentive to manage my time a little better and push me to finish at least one thing each month.

1.  Finish South Pacific Stars,  a Thimble Blossoms pattern, Hopscotch.
Hopscotch quilt top finished.
 I'm half way through quilting it.
Quilting Hopscotch

2. Square up the starflowers to use as a quilt centre panel.
Starflowers progress

3.  Make one BOM block.
I started the Amitie Circle Game BOM in 2011, so far I think I've made 4 or 5 blocks. I'm determined to do at least one block this month.
Untitled







traceyjay quilts




20 comments:

  1. love, love the stars - it's just gorgeous - good luck with your finishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your Hopscotch! It's gorgeous and your work is so precise and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, Marg - we have a lot in common!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some wonderful projects there. I love that pattern hopscotch. I just haven't figured out which fabric to use for it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. south pacific stars is beautiful and so very bright! Very reasonable goals. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects to be working on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving everything but your latest BOM block is wonderful! Great fabric selection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Off you go then. You don't have time for writing blog posts. You have sewing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you're doing the Lovely Year of Finishes too! And I ADORE your Stars quilt. Absolutely adore it. If you are totally sick of it by the time you're done, I'm hoping you still have my address and can send it on it's way to it's new, loving home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those 3 projects!! Once you get into the swing of things you'll fly through your projects and inspire us all! Go Marg!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those stars look almost as pretty in the picture as they do in RL.

    Hopscotch is looking good...half quilted is a damn sight better than rolled up in the sewing room.

    Good luck with those goals my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of luck, Marg! I hope that you not only finish, but that you enjoy it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking good! How's that straight lining going?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those stars! I will cheer you on with the circle game if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great stars--love that pattern and the fabrics you chose. I think you've made some totally doable goals, short month and all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of your projects, you have a great list of goals for this month. I love the South Pacific Stars and you BOM block.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh what pretty work. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All your projects are fab! Good luck getting them done:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.