Thursday, February 14, 2013

Playing with my stash

I'm back to doing what I love the most - playing with my stash.
I like nothing better than to sit on the floor in my sewing room, search out my fabric and play. I love finding fabrics that work together. It takes time, partly to find what I'm looking for as I'm not a very organised person, and partly because each stack evolves. I add fabric, I cull it, and it's so satisfying.

My latest playtime produced

Playing with my stash
a possible wall hanging for BP's room.

and
Untitled
the beginnings of a baby quilt for a boy.

Quite often nothing eventuates from my playtime, but I don't mind, it's just nice to be able to play.

Starflowers are coming along too..........slowly but I'm making progress.

Untitled
I'm now trying to sew in pieces individually or in small groups to make it easier to attach. I gave up making a star and then adding it as it was very difficult. I wish I'd thought of this sooner. This piece will slot into the gap on the bottom left hand side in the photo below.
Untitled
The papers in the back are becoming more and more crumpled as it has become bigger and I'm working on it.  I've pressed it a couple of times but it's a losing battle and I've pulled some of the papers out already but honestly it's almost easier with them left in. I'm just going to put up with it until I finish it. I am loving how it looks though. Can't wait to show you the finished panel.

14 comments:

  1. I was doing the same thing last night, without any purpose though (other than straightening things up). I love the orange and pink star on the bottom left of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to do that too. The only thing is I usually make such a mess, that it takes me ages to put everything back again. I love both colour combos! It's so much nicer than just buy a line of fabric, where all the choosing has been done for you.
    Love your Starflowers too and I know what you mean about the papers making it more cumbersome as the piece grows. I usually take out those which are not needed in the middle as I find it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Star flowers are looking great! Taking the papers out is a pain, whether you do it during the making or at the end ( patience required! ) And playing with fabric leads to many creative ideas! I think I need some playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, fabric play is the best part. Love the boy fabric combo and those stars! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have fun playing in your stash too! All looks inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabric play is fun! You've picked some great combos, I hope they become quilts. Great to see those Star Flowers growing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm coming to Oz just to play in your stash, no other reason. The starflowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing nicer than playing with fabrics. Love what you came up with. Your stars are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I come play with your stash too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheesh, must be nice to have time to sit and play with fabric ;o) WTG on the stars though

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your baby boy quilt is going to look fabulous. Non traditional colours. Modern fabrics. What pattern are you going to use?

    I cannot wait to see the end of the starflowers. I bet you feel the same way but for different reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors in both those stacks - Yay for playtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such lovely fabrics and the starflowers are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your stars, they are looking fabulous! Looking forward to seeing your finished panel. There is always an excitement about pulling new fabrics for a project. Love both of your playtime efforts.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.