Saturday, April 2, 2011

Favourite Things Friday

I missed last week's FTF post and I nearly missed this week too. It's still Friday somewhere in the world so better late than never!

One of my favourite things is getting up early, not too early, I hate waking up while it's still pitch black outside but when it's light and being able to see early morning sunlight and dappled shadows.

These beautiful very early morning cloud formations that form on top of the mountain. It's a tiny mountain but it's name is Mt Cooroy.
 The sunlight through the eucalyptus and pine trees.
 Look at that beautiful blue sky.
 Finally some flowers in the garden after an extremely wet summer, Tibouchina/Lassiandra.

Sunlight just reaching the tops of the Tiger Grass.

Water drops on this beautifully scented flower, this has only just started flowering now too.

Pop on over to join in the linky love of Favourite Things Friday and share your favourite thing with Shay at Quilting In My Pyjamas.



10 comments:

  1. I like the silence of getting up early but rarely venture outside to just soak in the atmosphere of the world waking up. We'll have to try it while you're here - bring your ugg boots!

    Love your early morning shots.It looks so restful and pretty. Do you ever eat breakfast outside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love me some gorgeous nature shots. Man, I have to say that I agree with you that getting up in the am, well, kinda stinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. Great favorite. Watching the sun come up and the light spread across the grass and flowers is a big favorite of ours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are having such nice sunshine down there on the coast. Love the monochromatic browns and the own. They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice FTF. It is still Friday here! I love sleeping in but when I am on vacation I love the early morning -- the peacefulness, the promise of a new day .. and the sunrise is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your early morning pictures Marg - the blue skies, flowers and views are beautiful. I love getting up early and sitting outside with my morning coffee, soaking up the fresh air and listening to the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your place looks so pretty! We get the mist like that rising up from the creek at the bottom of the property and you can see its path all the way round the hill by the mist. I love autumn days and mornings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a morning person but should be it's the best time of day :o) and you get so much more done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, Marg!

    I am definitely a morning person - and if I had your surroundings, I'm not sure I'd ever want to go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a morning person except when the sun shines and then I love to throw back the curtains and the shutters to see what the new day has brought us. Your photos are fabulous. We have pheasant and rabbits on our lawn at the front of the house (where our Jack Russell doesn't go!) and I have a wonderful view over the amazing Tyne Valley which is Emperor Hadrian's (ex) country of rolling moorland with the Cheviot and Pennine hills in the distance.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.