Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Catching up - at least trying to

Catching up on the Material Obsession BOM blocks.

I'm way behind.

This is block number 2.

Close up of MO BOM block 2















It has taken me most of the day, and I've completed - one 18 3/4 inch block.
Material Obsession BOM
A first for me -  sewing Y seams.

It looks way better in real life, the brown border makes it look a bit dull in the photos.

Of course it didn't go without a slight problem. Nothing is ever straight forward at Chez Sunshine.

I did read the instructions first.

I didn't read them over again, when I was getting towards the end.

I made a mistake, which I'm not going to point out.

Deja vu, after the "shower cap" incident.

It was fixable, in a, that'll do kind of way.

It's now the right size.
Close up of MO BOM block 2

I'm not looking forward to the next one.

I WILL READ THE INSTRUCTIONS OVER AND OVER NEXT TIME


Material Obsession BOM
I'm very happy with it, despite the little setback.


10 comments:

  1. Wow! What a complicated looking block. I can't find the mistake. ☺ You did a fabulous job with it. Can't wait to see the next one.

    PS...I finally purchased a walking foot for my machine. I'm going to tackle quilting Flurry when it arrives this week. Fingers crossed! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this block. It looks perfect to me! Awesome fabrics. Your next block will go together like a dream, easy peasy oh so breezy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me Marg and oh so complicated. You do feel good when they are finished though don't you?
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful block, and your orange quilt from yesterday is totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No idea what's wrong - but I love the fussy cut flower in the centre.

    Also bust a gut laughing at the shower cap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunner! I have no idea where the mistake might be--am too distracted by all the color and joy. Reading directions repeatedly is a must over here too...don't ask me how I know this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fab, although those 'Y' seams are making me shudder just thinking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great block, Marg and i love the fussy cut flower in the centre. Glad it all worked out in the end. I usually cringe away from the Y seams. Di.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That block looks amazing, I know I couldn't do it :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.