Friday, June 17, 2011

Favourite Things Friday

My favourite thing this week is something I have never done before. We just spent the most glorious late afternoon and evening with friends doing something really special.  I can't believe that I have lived here 12 years and haven't taken the time to do this.

A Sunset Cruise along the Noosa River.

It was fabulous, we had THE best time.

Warning: quite a few photos.
Today was one of those absolutely perfect winter Queensland days. Look at that sky. 23°C  (74°F)

We had a lovely day,

and then..........
 We had fun. We dank champagne, we ate.



We went past the Coast Guard, my dad is a volunteer there.

We looked at the view.



 We watched the sunset.

 We laughed and smiled.



We oohed and aahed at the colour of the sky.
We watched the ripples in the water.
After the cruise, we visited the bar/restaurant above on the left,
Sat upstairs...

We drank some cocktails.

Then we had dinner. No photos of that due to an abundance of the above.

A fabulous day, in fact one of THE best days I've had in a long time.


Hop on over to Shay at Quilting In My Pyjamas to see what fabulous Friday Favourites there are this week.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time! Great FTF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo, it`s actually hotter where you are in Winter than it is here in our pitiful Summer.....another *sigh* ensuing!Have a great weekend, whatever the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! And that's what you call a winter day?!!! I have heard my daughter mention Noosa is that the same area as the river?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure..have fun in the sun and on a cruise and then brag about it for FTF. I sometimes wonder why you and I are friends.

    Im kidding ...Your photos are really wonderful. I felt like I was actually there (and at some point when I am I think this is something we should do- especially the cocktail part )

    It looks like a fantastic way to spend an afternoon. Glad you had fun !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds and looks like an absolutely perfect day! Gorgeous photos on the water, especially the sunset. Such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great thing to do. All these lovely activities and you never do them because you live there instead of being a tourist. You tend to think they are the things you do on holidays. Newsflash - you LIVE where lots of us go on holidays!!! Lucky you.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. Looks like loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous day! Look at that winter sun! lots of happy smiley smiles. Beautiful Sunset photos. I would really like one of those cocktails! Nice cruisy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect way to end the week, it looks glorious Marg. You can't beat that Queensland weather can you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks wonderful and I am with Shay no need to rub our noses in it. I HATE WINTER.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You live in a beautiful part of the world, Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun, fun time, Marg! I'm so glad you were able to have a fun and relaxing time with your friends.

    I think I already knew you lived in paradise - but, now, to see more pictures - not fair.

    Happy to hear you've scored some strawberries.

    Your cruise looked beautiful - loved the sunset pictures! Thanks for "taking us along"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous time you had and that sunset (and cocktails) looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a terrific bunch of pictures! Looks like a blast. When we were in Taos, New Mexico a couple of weeks ago, we were introduced to Mango Margaritas ~ now a household favorite.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.