Friday, September 10, 2010

Favourite Things Friday

It was a toss up today between a beautiful piece of furniture and chocolate.

Everyone already knows I love chocolate so I'd rather show this lovely piece that I inherited from my maternal grandmother. I know absolutely nothing about it, other than it is a reproduction piece and the veneer is burled walnut.  The veneer has chipped in a couple of places but it is still beautiful to me and I love being able to see it every day and remind me of my grandmother.

This table takes pride of place near the entrance and I always have flowers or a favourite bowl displayed on it.




This photo was taken last year with the most gorgeous bunch of oriental lilies.

10 comments:

  1. I can see why you love that table, Marg. It's beautiful. The decorative edge, feet, and bar make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lovely table. It has such a great look to the walnut. I'm glad you're enjoying this piece from your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table pieces like that have such wonderful memories attached. I have a number of pieces from my Nana that are very old and came from her parents, I love them and could not bare to part with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did your grandmother keep this beautiful table in her entrance also? It's so pretty! Visiting from FTF. Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the legs and the patina this table has to it. You can tell it's been around and well used and loved.

    Don't even get me started again about how gorgeous your whole house is.

    Thanks for choosing this for Favourite Things Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I just have to ask do you have another photo of the house where it is not so pristine?? I congratulated Mrs P on her lovely bedroom and she sent me a more current version of the decor ;-) Your place looks stunning and I really love that table, even more so because it has family history...I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love that table! I wouldn't care there's a couple chips either, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very attractive table! Love the turned and carved legs--they definitely have attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fact that your table has a link to your family. Only time can give you that and with today's disposable furniture not many people have that.
    Lucky you.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, that is a very pretty table, and so special that it was your grandma's. Thanks for a lovely FTF share.

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.