Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday tidbits

Do you remember this coin quilt that I started way back in April, and all the procrastination and harrumphing. I had left it with the original sashing after all your kind and helpful comments, but hadn't found the motivation to finish it.  I stupidly very cleverly left it out on the table last week. My mum came over and happened to see it and said she thought the fabrics were really pretty, and was oohing and aahing over it. Fortunately she didn't ask me what I was going to do with it. That was the only push I needed to finish it, so finish it I have, and now I just have to wait for the backing fabric to arrive from the US.  I'm going to have it quilted and give it to her as a birthday present. (She doesn't read or even know about my blog so I'm safe posting it on here. She doesn't go on the internet as dad is paranoid about viruses etc,.................... parents!)


I'm also going to resurrect the cushion cover that I started around the same time and finish that to give to mum with the quilt.



This quilt has gone off to the quilters, I can't wait to see it finished.


Next off the rank will be these fabrics. I still haven't started cutting into them, but have been really wanting to the last few days.


I haven't finished the crochet cushion, the throw or anything new in the last few weeks. 

Isn't it annoying how life gets in the way of crafting.

The weather has gone from really warm to cold and very windy.  August is always windy here but it usually means the weather is starting to warm up again for spring. 



1 comment:

  1. Your mother will be so happy with the quilt - it is stunning! Parents are so crazy about the internet - my mom doesn't like to buy things on the internet because she thinks someone will get her info. I say - where do you think all your banking info is? On the internet!! Oh well, I guess it is hard to change when we are old. I would rather call someone than text them and The Baby thinks that is old fashioned.

    I do hate it when life gets in the way of crafting. Why is it that when we are not busy, we are not in the mood to craft and when we are busy all we want to do is craft?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.