Thursday, June 17, 2010

Corned Beef Hash Cakes

Another yummy recipe I found on  Taste.

Last week I bought a slow cooker and the very first thing I cooked was corned beef. After 8 1/2 hours of cooking that baby, it was still not even remotely tender.  Rather than waste it, I searched for a recipe that I could use it in.  Taste came to the rescue with a recipe for Corned Beef Hash Cakes. I am being lazy today, so if you would like the recipe you will need to click on the link. I reduced the recipe accordingly, as it apparently serves 10. I seriously doubt that it serves 10, more like it makes 10 cakes. I also didn't add the mustard as somebody doesn't like it!




These were seriously yummy and it didn't matter one bit that the corned beef was not meltingly tender. I only remembered to take a photo when there were only two left, these were the leftovers.  So no lovely photo of the hash cakes (a little chuckle at that name) served with steamed vegetables and an absolutely fabulous  D'vine Smokey Tomato Relish made locally  here on the Sunshine Coast.



I picked some up at the Eumundi Markets on Saturday.  Sue who owns D'vine is lovely and everyting she makes is top notch. You can also find her moorish feta with traditional basil pesto and other tasty things under the label Sue's Natural Cuisine.

1 comment:

  1. These do look yummy. I love my crock pots! I have a triple one, a big one, a medium size one and a little one that is mostly for keeping things warm. The triple one doesn't get much use, but it does come in handy when you want to cook a whole meal at one time - meat, veggies, desert.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.