Friday, June 18, 2010

Ta dah!!











It was very sunny this afternoon, so I had to take these photos inside. Even so the colours are not showing true. The photo below is a little more accurate.







I still have to finish hand sewing the binding on to the back, which I am planning to do tonight. The colour of the fabric on the back was a bit of an issue. This is where ordering online is not always great. The website I ordered it from showed it as red, I would say it is more rust or terracotta, but definitely not red. I used it anyway as I can't see me making another quilt in these fabrics. One is enough. The fabric I used for the flowers is definitely more red than orange like it is showing here.  The next photo was taken once the sun had gone.




Below, the back, and close up detail of the piecing. 







I quilted 1/4" either side of the seams on the strips on the front. 

Not the best quilt I have ever made, but I am really happy with the result.





5 comments:

  1. I really like this. I've been thinking about a black and white quilt and wanted a splash of colour but wasn't sure how I would do it. The applique colour is a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! Red and black are so striking. The applique flowers with the hand-quilting around them are totally stunning.

    As for ordering fabric online, I can totally relate. Since I don't have easy access to a good quilt shop, I often order online. Occasionally, the fabric is rather different from how it appeared on my monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting looks really effective! I love the colours in this quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Margaret,
    Just popping over to your blog as well to tell you your Squares have arrived! I have left a message on email. blog now. and Flickr in a minute.
    I love your work, its always a pleasure to pop over and see what you are up to. I don't always comment, because for some reason it doesn't want to work. I have the same problems!
    Have a great weekend, and please visit the blogs
    SIBOL AND MRS TWINS. Flickr too! and thanks so much they are absolutely gorgeous and I do appreciate them.Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marg it is a great quilt ! I love the crochet in your header too !

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.